Even the banana I was carrying got frostbitten in a matter of minutes:Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to a whopping zero degrees, and after Thursday we are expecting temperatures around 20°F for the next week or so. Woo hoo!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
A New Low
This morning, I walked to work on apparently the coldest day so far this winter: 23 degrees below zero. (My car is in the shop, otherwise I might not be so brave.) No more than 5 minutes into the walk, frost sprouted on my neck warmer, gloves, and eyelashes. That's right...my eyelashes. The moisture from my breath actually froze on my eyes! By the time I got to work, I had to be careful not to blink too hard in case my eyes might freeze shut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Some sympathy: It was -4 in Vermont this morning and I recalled your frozen seat comments when I got in my car and sat down--hard. I put my skis in the back and then the hatch wouldn't shut. And its only -4! I can't even imagine -21.
Enjoy the veritable heat wave!
Weather that cold makes me sad.
London had a cold spell last week. 20 degrees. That's a 40 degree difference.
If I had -20, I would curl up and cry. Serious.
I can empathize with you - we have been in a negative temperature stretch since Monday....I can't believe you walked in that! Thankfully our temperatures are warming up - its going to be 6 degrees tomorrow and maybe up into the 20s next week. Just in time for me to go back to school.
Post a Comment