I flew out before dawn (and in Anchorage at this time of year, the sun comes up EARLY), attended workshops and presented at the Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference, saw the Bering Sea frozen over for the first time, and went to a barn dance (!) that evening before flying home after dark (and yes, it gets dark LATE up there this time of year). Click below for the whole photo album:
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
No Place Like Nome
Yesterday I spent the day in Nome. At first, I was not terribly excited about this trip, but it turned out to be a pleasantly adventurous day. (I've realized it's impossible not to have some kind of adventure in Nome...you may recall my stories from the previous 2 summers.)
I flew out before dawn (and in Anchorage at this time of year, the sun comes up EARLY), attended workshops and presented at the Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference, saw the Bering Sea frozen over for the first time, and went to a barn dance (!) that evening before flying home after dark (and yes, it gets dark LATE up there this time of year). Click below for the whole photo album:
I flew out before dawn (and in Anchorage at this time of year, the sun comes up EARLY), attended workshops and presented at the Western Alaska Interdisciplinary Science Conference, saw the Bering Sea frozen over for the first time, and went to a barn dance (!) that evening before flying home after dark (and yes, it gets dark LATE up there this time of year). Click below for the whole photo album:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment