Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Terrible Pictures of Moose

Well, that was fast! Sure enough, last night I found the three moose sleeping in our front yard. I can't believe they chose our lawn as their bed for the winter! I want to welcome them, as I'm used to leaving bird seed or pieces of stale bread for the neighborhood critters...but it's a different story in New England where you're just dealing with squirrels and ducks. So, I will leave the moose alone.

But of course I did take a few pictures... They didn't turn out very well without a flash, but I'll post them anyway as proof. See the dark spot (with ears) in front of the trees?
And here's a close up of the mama in front of her 2 calves:
I hope I didn't disturb them too much and they'll return...

2 comments:

Allan said...

you could take pics with a flash from your stoop so that you can escape to the inside if they try to rush you.

ursa major said...

Actually I did try the flash once, but it didn't reach as far as the moose so the picture came out all black. Maybe I can catch them in the morning sometime.