A couple days later, my friends took me out to dinner before I left for New Mexico. Another Happy Birthday song, another dessert, and another candle—wow, I am spoiled. Finally, I had a wonderful time spending last weekend and my actual birthday day in New Mexico with Aimee. We did a yoga workshop, visited several hot springs, shared many delicious meals, and enjoyed the warm sun and desert... I will post a photo album of all our pictures soon, but here's a preview:
Sunset near Taos upon arrival:
View from our front door the first morning:
Another view from our house that morning—hot air balloons in the Taos Mountain Balloon Rally:
Aimee and I on October 27, best day of the year:
And here's one of many promising signs of the strong blue streak in this swing state!

Sunset near Taos upon arrival:
Aimee and I on October 27, best day of the year:After an amazing weekend, I returned home to Anchorage (at a chilly 12 degrees, I might add) and found birthday greetings flooding my mailbox, emailbox, and even my doorstep. Wow! And to think I sometimes feel out of sight, out of mind all the way up here in Alaska... Thank you all so much—I'm so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. My birthweek truly could not have been any better.
2 comments:
Sarah!! Argh- I missed your birthday! So, here, belatedly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY- I'm glad to hear that it was such a success. Also- I was just in NM too, on thursday, so that's a pretty close coincidence. Glad all is well even in descending darkness!! Miss you!
haha - I had totally forgotten about the Burger King crowns! Maybe if you are lucky we'll take you to Burger King on 82nd Ave for a belated birthday dinner!
Post a Comment